When the generator turns on, it takes a while for the power to reach the set point.
Applies to Solid State systems only
When the RF energy turns on, the Match Controller will adjust the variable capacitors inside the Matching Network in order to get maximum power to the coil. These adjustments are made based on error signals received from sensors inside the Matching Network. Due to the nature of some systems, it is possible that these signals are received with the wrong polarity and thus the capacitors will initially move the wrong way before turning around and moving towards the operating point. In order to correct this, the Tune and Load presets must be set to one side of the operating point.
Do the following:
1. Observe the final operating point
2. Observe which way the Load and Tune values initially move
3. If the Tune initially goes up and the Load goes down, set the Tune preset 2% below its operating point and the Load preset 1% above its operating point.
4. If the Tune initially goes down and the Load goes up, set the Tune preset 2% above its operating point and the Load preset 1% below its operating point.
5. If the system still does not go quickly to its operating point, move the Tune preset 1% closer to the operating point.
6. If the system still does not go quickly to its operating point, move the Load preset to the operating point.